ORI Consulting staff has supported companies, organizations and communities following some of the world's largest catastrophes:
- Hurricanes: Andrew, Katrina and Rita
- Terrorism: September 11, 2001
- Earthquake: October 2005 in Pakistan which killed an estimated 80,000 people and left nearly 3,000,000 homeless
- Tsunami: 2004 Asian Tsunami which killed approximately 216,000 people
ORI Consulting works with IBM as part of its Global Crisis Response Team and has provided educational and consultative services to IBM's Corporate Community Relations Division worldwide.
Our major projects include:
- Provided services to various government agencies in Manhattan following the events of September 11, 2001. These services began immediately following the events and continued for a year subsequently.
- Developed a plan with the Memphis Archdiocese School System on assimilating Katrina evacuees.
- Developed Human Impact Plans with several private and public sector companies following hurricane Katrina to assist with issues related to business continuity and return to work. These projects involved sites in Long Beach, MS; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ and New Orleans, LA.
- Provided training on psychological trauma to Rural Physicians Network via National Center for Primary Care at Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Training over 120 professionals and para-professionals as to the psychological effects of natural disasters following the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan. This culturally specific training was offered through the office of the Pakistan President to local NGO's, medical personnel and senior administrators.
- 2004 Asian Tsunami: Work with the government of Sri-Lanka to provide on-site train-the-trainer program for professionals and para-professionals on the impact of natural disasters. Including the creation of a culturally sensitive manual for post-disaster intervention.
- Published an Educator's Guide to help teachers integrate evacuee children into classrooms and identify signs of ongoing psychological trauma.
- Human Capital Development and Training with Atech Services, Concord, NH
- Training to workforce development agencies throughout the US in the effects of crisis and trauma on employees.
- Training Department of Justice employees on the impact of trauma.